Thursday, December 07, 2006

 

Roger to Cereal: Get in my belly

Roger - dressed for the company holiday party - was at the Full Gospel Food Pantry today, admiring a box of organic fruity pebbles. While I too like to kid myself into believing that a cereal is healthy just because the box has cartoon characters of endangered species on it, I've learned my lesson. The "healthy" version of Cap'n Crunch or Crunch Berries are still gonna pack on the pounds. Trust me, Clark. My jeans are tight just thinking about it.

P.S. Pat K. and Rog have tapered back on their banter and Clark has taken assignments that only the biggest jacka** would dare poke fun at. Is it the fear of the poisoned blog barb? I sense a more serious Rog in the New Year. Say it ain't so.

P.P.S. Ok, so it turns out that not only is the cereal in question not organic, but its made by General Mills and is a marketing ploy for something called Neopets - "the greatest Virtual Pet Site on the Internet." This is incredible for a few reasons: One, there's a website where you can create your own pet. Whatever happened to mom and dad buying their kids a dog? Two, ok, how about a canary? Three, there's actually a cereal named after a site promoting imaginary pets. I wonder if this cereal has imaginary calories? If so, go on and eat all you want, Rog. And send me a box.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?