Monday, December 04, 2006

 

Roger: Queen of the Desert

I waited and waited and watched and had three refills of coffee and I somehow managed to miss Clark's report on the closing of Carmen's Place - a shelter for transgendered homeless youth - and all I want to know is how I could have been sitting on the couch, awake no less, for more than an hour and I never once saw our man. All I remember is Kefi Drexel and a ridiculously busty dietician whose sage advice on staying healthy in the wintertime pretty much extended to washing your hands. Genius. And for this I need a news segment?

On a more serious note, Carmen's Place is an amazing, wonderful resource and I had no idea it was shutting down. Kudos to Clark and NY1 for featuring this important story and not avoiding a topic that so many other stations might consider to be taboo. I'm really sorry I missed it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?