Friday, December 01, 2006

 

Raindrops Keep Fallin' on Clark's Head

But that doesn't mean his eyes will soon be turnin' red. Cryin's not for Rog. Cause he's never gonna stop the rain by complain'. Because he's freeeee. Nothing's worryin' Claaarrrkkk. (No time is a bad time for "The Fantasticks.")

Generally speaking, being able to work from or on the beach is a pretty cool gig. Unless you're Roger Clark. Poor Rog. Forced to stand out on the sands of Rockaway Beach and report on the veritable heat wave hitting NYC (in December) while the tornado-like winds whip up and the rain starts to fall. I didn't think I'd get to see the NY1 windbreaker/raincoat again this season (after the The Great Thanksgiving Balloon Inflation debacle) but sure enough there it was in all it's windbreaker glory. Overall, I think the best part of this morning's report was when the drizzle started hitting the camera lens in such a way that made Roger look like he was being covered with polka dots. It was like the universe was having a little fun at the expense of our guy who doesn't need any more ribbing between this blog, "the other" blog, and life (not to mention the occasional bad hot dog). On behalf of all five boroughs, thanks for never letting the news, the weather, the vendors, the kids, the balloons, the blogs, etc. get you down. You are the Energizer Bunny of morning news, Roger Clark, and I salute you.

Comments:
Alas Yorick, I blew it. "Raindrops" is indeed from Butch Cassidy. I think I must have had too much mead and confused it with "Try to Remember (a time in September)." Seeing as how I had to play both of these songs during many Spring Concerts in Junior High School - where I was quite the champion harpist - I should have known better. You've bested me man! Fare thee well.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?