Monday, November 20, 2006

 

Roger go Bragh!

Roger was at the Food Bank in the Bronx chatting with a spokesperson who looked like "the evil" version of the lead singer of The Cranberries with her shaved head, hooded black cape coat and thick Irish accent. From the way she was eyeing Clark, I thought she was trying to cast a spell on him...or maybe get her flirt on a little bit. Rog got flustered and said something like "what is it about the holidays that reminds people that other people need to eat?" Bad Cranberry cocked an eyebrow as though this was the Sphinx's make or break question. Honestly, it took me a whole cup of coffee and a quick finger count to figure it out and I'm not telling.

Though I'm impressed by Roger's up-with-people attitude in recent reports, I do long for the occasional goofy fluff piece. Which is why when I saw the clown makeup report by the blond chick (whose name always escapes me because it's not cool like Milanee, Shazia or Kefi) a few segments later, I couldn't help wondering what genius Rog could have contributed. Apparently, there's a whole clown float at the Thanksgiving Day parade (who knew?) and folks have to practice their clown makeup skills ahead of time. There are three types of clown each of which has a name that I only sort of remember so we'll just call them: White Face, Racoon Eyes and Hobo. I would have paid good money to see The Clark sportin' a Hobo, especially at the parade but it's not to be. I think I have to face up to the fact that Rog has become the Angelina of local news. I have seen the groundhog's shadow. There will be no laughter here.

Comments:
Ok, the laughter's not entirely dead. You were wearing a sweet sweater. And for the record, Evil Cranberry was totally flirting with you.
 
Where were you this morning, Mr. Egg Cream? A little warning would be nice.Not that watching "Weather On the Ones" a hundred times isn't a riot...
 
Hmmm...79th and CPW. Can you say photo op?
 
What? I love balloons.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?