Thursday, November 30, 2006

 

Paradise Paved, Parking Lot Put Up

From a Golf Course Ambassador to the NYC Taxi and Limousine Commissioner, this has been a banner week for Roger and the men who make this city great. Today's Roger Report featured Rog, looking sporty in late fall attire, chatting up the TLC Commissioner who looked like he might have fallen head first into a tube of hair gel this morning. Between that and the suit and tie pin, the guy was straddling a fine line between The Sopranos and Wall Street: The Movie. TLC Man gave Roger kudos for remembering the details of the recent fare hike which is kind of like saying thanks for reminding me that I will be kicking you in the a**. The thing is, I agree with the fare increase. Drivers need to earn a living wage and perhaps with a little more money coming in from individual rides, there won't be the same need to play chicken on the road to pick up a fare. As much as I appreciate a cab screeching through five lanes of traffic because I'm waving my hand in the air or repeatedly stomping on the brake at a red light in anticipation of dumping me on the corner and zipping off to find someone too drunk to drive themselves back to Connecticut, I've always sensed there was a better way.

P.S. Was that an L.L. Bean flannel-lined, barn jacket? LOVE it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?