Monday, October 02, 2006

 

News flash: New Yorkers like the Yankees AND the Mets

These are the days when I seriously feel for my main man Clark. He took one for the team (Or both teams as the case may be) and stood in Union Square at the crack of dawn to find out which New York baseball team New Yorkers would be rooting for in the MLB postseason showdown. Not surprisingly, those folks who could actually string a sentence together at that hour of the morning seemed to be in favor of...both. The lack of Pat K. commentary during Roger's giggle-fest (editor's note: I get giddy too when I haven't had my coffee yet and/or I'm bored to the point of tears) seemed to indicate that A) technical difficulties shut down communication or B) the sheer tedium of the topic defied even the dullest of comic stylings.

But hands down, the best part of today's Roger Report was the man-on-the-street interviews. I can't decide who I liked more: the Asian man in the tie and baseball cap who figured now was as good a time as any to comment on the fact that baseball players are overpaid (he likes the Mets) or the guy with the "scrape" on his face that just happened to look like a wicked case of herpes (he's rooting for the Yankees). I think Guy #2 wins just because he felt he had to explain to the bleary-eyed viewing public just what the nasty purplish mark right by his mouth was even though the last thing on earth the aforementioned bleary-eyed viewing public was looking at was this dude's facial lesion. Thank you sir for forcing me to think about your bedroom habits on this fine, fine Monday morning.

So let's give it up for Rog who was not only hung out to dry by his straight man, but also risked life and limb to chat with commuters on a Monday morning about a topic that scores right up there with paint drying.

Like a spoonful of sugar or a shot glass of Crazy Horse, Roger you make everything better.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?