Thursday, October 12, 2006

 

Mr. Met Safe; IHRC Apologizes for Bad Metaphor

I have to apologize for yesterday's posting. A number of folks have commented on the fact that I implied that Roger had eaten Mr. Met. The kindly Egg Cream clarified for me that Roger was in fact wearing something close to five shirts - thereby adding thirty pounds to his appearance - during yesterday's report. Not entirely certain why he was dressed for the Tundra on a 60 degree day, but I won't quibble. And in fairness the camera does add ten pounds, so take away 40+ lbs. and I should have said "Roger, you need to eat something! You're wasting away. Mr. Met looks tasty..."

And then there was the issue of not correctly quoting Pat K. regarding "Pat's Pal." Apparently, it was something closer to a "pal of Pat's." Oh ok.

Lastly, someone didn't enjoy the extended Wizard of Oz metaphor. I agree, it got old, especially with the P.S. about flying monkeys. I should say that between writing yesterday's post and today's I contracted a bad cold that seems to be taking on the characteristics of typhoid fever and Ebola combined. Whatever it is, I feel like I'm on my deathbed so I'm going to blame the onset of this wretched illness for my hallucinatory post. Can't promise anything I write today will be much better, but I swear I will not reference any old movies or the cannibalism of a sports mascot.

So Roger was in serious mode/costume (grey suit / red tie) today reporting on the very tragic death of Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle in a plane crash on the Upper East Side yesterday. I've got to say, I feel for Rog. All he wanted to do was chat about his beloved Mets and, not to be macabre, but here the Yankees go grabbing the headlines again! Poor guy. Get this man a hot dog with all the fixings and a couple of Championship tickets (one for Rog, one for his "pal") no Ebay required. You deserve it, Clark. And if Pat can't make it, I'm available. As soon as the typhoid clears up.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?