Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 

show me a sign

Now I'm all confused. Once again, Roger was reporting on the anticipated traffic congestion due to the UN general assembly and the protests regarding Bushie's visit, but unlike yesterday's easy breeezy report delivered like your dad cracking wise at a family bbq in a purple polo with a bad sunburn, he was in a suit. And we all know what the suit means. Akin to the groundhog seeing his shadow, when Roger dons a suit, we're in for some depressing "real" news. So it came as a wonderful surprise when Puxatawny Rog made a joke and then another one and then another one. No they weren't funny - especially the one about steering clear of the East Side for good - but the man was on fire! Pat chuckled and I realized that Roger - still high on his comic turn at the Gotham Comedy Club - was practicing his routine for the day when reporters everywhere once again are allowed to take the stage and tell the jokes that journalistic integrity normally prohibits. Or maybe he was trying to tell me "Hey there Jen. Just because the polo shirts are in the wash, doesn't mean my sense of humor is too. I'm not afraid to put on a necktie and hang myself with it. The laughter never dies."

Stop playing with my heart, Clark. Don't confuse me and wear a suit while you're being a dork. Keep it simple: suit = boring, polo shirt = funny. Jeez, isn't it obvious?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?