Friday, September 22, 2006

 

I've never loved opera as much as I did today

After listening to one of the most disgusting news reports ever this morning, I have to say that there was nothing better than seeing Roger's smiling face. Even the suit and tie didn't faze me. He chatted with Peter Gelb, who recently succeeded Joseph Volpe as the General Manager of the Metropolitan Opera, and shared a little banter with Pat about...well I was pouring myself a cup of coffee at the time so I may have missed some of the details. All I remember is something about how Roger cries at sports movies (who doesn't?) and then something about The English Patient. Pat seemed confused, I was definitely confused, but it's all good because no matter what he was talking about he wasn't talking about kids drowning in buckets of their mother's vomit. Nuff said.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?