Friday, September 15, 2006

 

funny mornings are here again?

I've been remiss about writing, I'll admit. It's just that after days of "reporter voice" and what seemed like eons of suits and ties on Mr. Clark, I was spent. There was nothing left to laugh at. Roger had decided to become a serious reporter and I felt like I had been dumped.

Yesterday was my birthday and I was in a funk what with the rain and hurdling closer to middle age. I turned on NY1, purportedly to check the weather, but in reality to take myself back for just a moment to happier, more carefree days when the weather was warm and Roger Clark wasn't afraid to rap on camera. I wasn't expecting much, but then.... There he was. I should say, there IT was: the brown polo shirt was back!! Roger was wearing a raincoat and standing underneath an umbrella, but I could clearly see the brown polo shirt I had come to know, nay cherish. I have no idea what he was reporting on, I was so thrilled to not be gazing upon a three-piece suit. Nothing funny happened, at least not at that moment, but there was a glimmer of hope.

And then I woke up this morning to discover, via Pat K. and Roma Torre, that Roger had participated in a comedy showdown between reporters from throughout the city last night at Gotham Comedy Club. The event was for charity (something about greeting cards and the troops in Iraq) and Rog was representing NY1. Though we didn't get to hear any excerpts from his routine, they showed him standing on stage looking, dare I say, adorable in a t-shirt and glasses performing his little heart out. Now if he could just bring the laughter back to the early morning news, we'd be golden. Fingers crossed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?