Tuesday, September 12, 2006

 

Enough's enough

Roger, forgive me! I didn't mean it when I joked about your brown polo shirt! I LOVE your brown polo shirt! And I was only kidding when I said your laugh was goofy. I meant SEXY! SEXY!

When I saw Roger decked out in a suit and tie sporting a serious newscaster expression for the umpteenth time in I don't know how many days, my heart sunk. YESTERDAY was September 11th. TODAY is just a primary election. Bring back the polo shirt! Even Pat K. seemed confused by his gravity and tried to lighten the mood when Rog reported - in funereal tones - that there were pastries being served at one primary location at a school in Prospect Heights. Pat commented "That's your kind of primary, Roger." Roger barely managed a chuckle, let alone a giggle. Pat said "bring me back (a pastry)," to which Roger said gravely "I'll bring back one for everyone." You could almost hear the crickets. Pat thanked Clark and Clark shrugged and waited for the camera to cut. And cut it did. Along with the strings of my heart.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?